BYU Nursing Class of 2006: Where I am, What I'm Doing..

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Danielle Perona and her husband Matt moved out to San Francisco in July to start her job at California Pacific Medical Center!

"I work in the Medical Surgical ICU and its challenging! There is so much to know and sometimes I get overwhelmed. My managers and charge nurses however tell me that I'm doing a very good job, so that's cool. Being in San Francisco I see some crazy patients! You would definitely not get these kind of patients at American Fork Hospital! The diversity is really cool though. I'd say that 2/3 of my patients don't speak English or English is their second language. I was used to only using Spanish in the hospital, but it would be more beneficial for me to speak Mandrin, Cantonese or Russian than Spanish. Crazy but I love it. I'm learning how to ask certain things in these languages.

"Matt started his job in the Financial District in San Francisco. He works for PriceWaterhouseCoopers accounting firm. We stayed with Matt's parents in the suburbs until Matt's job started in September because rent is outrageous so we needed the dual income. It was fun, but an hour and a half commute each way, so I was glad when we finally moved to the city in September. Now we live in the city in the coolest apartment, in the coolest location! I am totally loving city life! I'm an adult! When did that happen? It's nice to see Matt after work and to be able to do fun things together besides studying for school! :).

"Life is great and we're having a blast. I miss all of you guys and hope everyone is doing well. Feel free to call or email me to catch up! 801-718-4282, danielleperona@gmail.com. Oh, and if you're ever in San Francisco, you have a free place to stay!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home