BYU Nursing Class of 2006: Where I am, What I'm Doing..

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Susan Hardy started a Family Nurse Practicioner program at University of Pennsylvania's School of Nursing. Her husband Davis is teaching in a Philadelphia School District.

"We are picking up our lives on the total opposite coast than where we currently reside. Life recently has been busy as we try to find housing, reliable transportation ( We do not think our cars will make it out there so now I have my eye on a beautiful Toyota Tacoma truck) and a job for David using only the Internet! (Thank goodness for that!!)

"We have talk to a few people living out there currently; all of them have been very positive and supportive of our move (Thank goodness for the Church). The ward that make up that area are very young ( The oldest person in the ward is the bishop and he is 36) there are many students who attended many of the schools and lots stay at home moms with over 30 kids under the age of 4 (Jarom will be thrilled!!). The bishop's wife told me they are a high baptizing ward with over 90 baptisms last year. I am excited to go on splits with the missionaries and serve is rigorous challenging callings (such as the nursery (that is where I want to be).

"We are both very nervous about finding a home, using the public transportation systems (I have never even been on a city bus, and now I will be learning to use the trolley, subway, taxi and the bus), paying for my tuition, childcare and everything else that comes with moving across the country for a new adventure."

Their adventure to the East Coast started the second week of August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home